It has been a busy work week! We finished the week off with a few cocktails and appetizers at Murdocks. They are pretty famous for their fried pickles and fried jalapeños. Great burgers too! With tomorrow being 4th of July, I snuck around back and asked the guys in the kitchen for some grilling tips:
- Preheat your grill. Just like throwing a cake in the oven, you want to make sure it is hot and ready. Make sure you have your grill going for a good 15-20 minutes before you start grilling.
- After the grill is preheated, grab your wire brush and scrape up any debris. This is the best time to clean your grill.
- Coat your veggies in olive oil or coconut oil to prevent sticking or drying out.
- Make sure you soak your skewer sticks in water for an hour prior to throwing kebobs on the grill.
- When glazing or saucing your protein, wait until the last few minutes to avoid burning the glaze.
- Let your steak rest for a few minutes after pulling it off the grill to allow the juices to absorb back into the meat.
I am going to test these tips out tonight! Chimichurri steak garnished with pierogis sautéed in bacon, onion and garlic with an avocado, cherry tomato and black bean salad. Wish me luck!