Electric Oranges is Carly Sinigoi and Sarah Starling from Brevard County in Florida. It is a pop up style shop filled with vintage, up cycles and modern couture apparel straight from the Sunshine State. Their collection features items that span several decades and their tastes are impeccable and fun.
Danielle Gess, Theresa Lanno and Misti Blu Day where the hair and makeup team for this shoot. We got ready at The Big Bang Studio and took this set outside of the studio. Photos are by Misti Blu Photography and of course wardrobe and styling by Electric Oranges. We came together to collaborate on a few ideas. Stay tuned for our Street Style Saturday, which will be dedicated to sharing these delicious shoots as well as including information on how to track down Electric Oranges.
You can see their next pop up here:
October 10th 9am-5pm
Rehab Vintage Revival
Highland Ave, Downtown Eau Gallie
Large variety of vendors
A soft pale pink, minty green, fushia, slashes of turquoise, and now, a swirl of blue and violet…
How can something so beautiful be so damaging?
In order for some of these colors to show up, particularily the cooler shades, your hair must be lightened to the palest blonde (or darn close to it!).
I have medium to dark brown hair that is very stubborn.
Needless to say, it takes a lot of time and money to get my hair to a pale blonde.
After my natural haircolor has been lifted, the fashion colors are applied.
This is a double process. In some circumstances, triple! That equates to a lot of time at the salon and quite a bit of money spent…in the hundreds.
After all that time and money spent to get your hair to that perfect shade you want to be sure you have a plan for your aftercare.
1) Washing your hair should be limited to twice a week and with cool water. The more you wash it, the quicker it will fade.
2) Invest in a quality color-safe sulfate free shampoo. This is not hype. A cheap shampoo is typically harsh and will take that costly color right out.
3) Conditioners and masks are a must! Underneath that rainbow is “bleach blonde” hair. It’s thirsty!
4) Fashion colors fade faster. Period. You will need to freshen up the colors monthly unless you enjoy the faded colors. Also, a root touch up will be needed if you did all over color.
5) be prepared to put an old towel or pillowcase on your pillow. It may get stained.
With all that being said, I will continue to experiment with vibrant colors and invest in A LOT of hair masks.