By Misti Blu Day
1) NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Monte Carlo: High pigments and soft with lasting wear that does not crack or peel. This line is my favorite matte series. Shop
2) Sigma gloss in Lip Vex: The Lip Vex contains a smooth, creamy finish and long-wearing shine for versatility and everyday glamour. Paraben-free. Shop
3) Revlon Color Burst Matte Balm in Audacious: Another great matte series that does not flake unless you are like me and wear it for days. If that is the case I suggest with any lipstick to apply a chapstick basecoat so your lips do not dry out. And instead of reapplying, wipe off and start over or any product it will get cakey and gummy overtime. I love the bright pigment. Perfect orangey shade to mix it up. Shop
4) Baby Lips by Maybelline in Crystal Kiss: This is my go to basecoat to prevent drying out my lips and also for evening, before bed wear. Lipcare is important to maintain moisturize so that you are able to wear highly pigmented lip colors on the daily. Shop
5) MAC Lipstick in Rebel: I go through this color like I do my hot sauce. I am already almost out again. I love this rich plum shade. Hands down my alltime favorite. Shop
1) Benefits Stay Flawless 15 hr Primer : Apply after moisturizer and before foundation. This product is also sweat proof and keeps all of your makeup in place all day! Perfect for a hot summer!
2) Becca’s Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème: This is great for a hot evening out. It is full coverage (don’t use powder over it, instead use a finishing spray) and is sweat and humidity resistant. It will last all night through dancing or outside parties without showing any flaws or being cakey.
3) Benefit’s Benetint in rose: This product is a little intimidating but it’s awesome! With the appearance of a nail polish, Benetint is actually a liquid blush. Make two X shapes on the apples of your cheeks and pat in with your ring finger. You will be left with natural rosy cheeks that will last you all day and night. It’s a stain and it’s not sticky. You can also apply it to your lips for a natural look. They come in 4 different colors. This one is the original.
4) NYX Matte Finishing Spray: This is something that I use everyday during the summertime. Mist over your finished makeup look for an all day zero shine finish. For the dry complexion girls, there is also a dewy finishing spray that is great and also made by NYX.
5) Kat Von D liquid lips in Lolita: It goes on like a lipgloss but finishes matte. It stays all day through sweat, heat and eating. It doesn’t budge! Matte lips have been all the rage but this one doesn’t dry your lips out and lasts. Lolita looks great with a tan over the summer.
6) Mario Badescu facial spray : Keep this in your bag over the season. It’s $5 at Ulta! It is filled with aloe, herbs and rose water and keeps your face hydrated while soothing your skin from the heat. Mist over makeup or natural face and neck.
Theresa Lanno is a licensed cosmetologist at The Big Bang Studio in Cocoa Village. She loves makeup and the beach! She is also a brow specialist.